Hello, I have been watching some videos of folks making rings online. I’m interested in making some silver rings. Here is what I’ve seen online.
1. Melt silver in crucible and pour into mold
2. Remove melted material and run through a rolling mill.
3. Bend material out of rolling mill around ring gauge and hammer until round.
4. Saw extra material off
5. Solder ring ends together.
6. File solder joints until smooth.
I probably over simplified the stems but my question is if there is a different option besides 1, 2 and 3 to get the material for the ring in a form I can bend to make the ring? I know there are probably many ways to skin this cat. Thanks for any info you can provide.